Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm a genius!

Maybe "genius" is a bit of a stretch.... but I am very proud of my latest accomplishment...

I am in the process of switching paputsi.com to a different server. There was a slight glitch with the domain/host/server thingy (I am not going to pretend that I know all of the proper terms.... I'm trying and that's what counts), and my email was lost. The entire address... lyndsaycollins@paputsi.com was no more.

I was, in a word, devastated.

The first thing I do when I wake up is reach for the Blackberry and check my email. Throughout the day, I am constantly sending emails, replying to emails, checking past emails for instructions on projects or driving directions. Before I go to bed I email myself things I need to do first thing in the morning... as I do not trust myself to remember something I thought of right before falling asleep.

After 3 days of being out of touch, and having to send my personal email to various contacts so that I could conduct business while I sorted everything out, I was finally able to get my email adress to work. I was overjoyed. There was only one little problem... I couldn't get it to connect to Microsoft Outlook. So after calling a friend of mine and having the tech support guy in his office walk me through setting it up... it still didn't work. I read and re-read the "email set-up" tutorial, and finally, I was able to send email... I just couldn't receive them. More reading and re-reading of tutorials followed and, alas, I was able to recieve them. When the problem was resolved I had 11 messages from my friend who dutifully responded to every email I sent saying "respond if you get this..."

It took a while but I can now send and recieve email both from my computer and my phone!

I am incrediblly proud of myself. I kept tinkering until I got it to work. I have no idea what half of the numbers that I typed into various fields mean.... but they worked. I can only hope that they work tomorrow as well!

~Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment