Sunday, August 29, 2010

Burp cloth love.... and other Sunday happenings.

Good morning!

In an effort to expand my little business, I had a chat with my friend Emily about the set of burp cloths I'd just given her for her adorable little boy, Luke. I am always curious if moms find my products useful as well as pretty. I was overjoyed when she said she used my burp cloths more than any of her others, because they are more absorbent. She also went on to say that she uses them for more than just burp cloths.... she lines her Nap Nanny with them, uses them with the carseat, etc.... and then she said "...and they're cuter than my other ones" :-)

I was beyond happy!!

It is my goal to make a good, useful product... not just something that cute. Often I'll see really attractive burp cloths on Etsy, and I'd wonder how they managed to sell them so cheaply... after reading the descriptions I realized that they were only made with two layers. The front cotton layer and the back layer, usually minky or chenielle. My burp cloths have the same front and back as the others, but they aslo contain a middle layer of cotton flannel. This layer makes them more absorbent, and apparently, according to Emily, makes them comfortable to lay on too!

Luke's Burp Cloths

In other news..... my mom's birthday is coming up, and I have no idea what to get her.... none. Not even a tiny clue.... she's incredibly hard to shop for. She wants nothing. you ask her what she'd like... the reply is always "nothing".... I'd ike to make her something, I'm just not sure what. I could bake cookies, and ship them to her, or send her something found on Etsy... I have about a week to come up with something. No pressure.

Also on tap for this week.... 3 baby gifts need to ship out. 2 of my cousins had baby girls (Josie and Emily), and my college roomate, Nadia, had a baby boy, Collin, recently. Most of the gifts have been cut out and pieced together, and are now waiting to be sewn.

It has been raining here all weekend, and the dogs are driving me insane. Not nearly enough "outside" time to help them burn off some energy. As I'm typing this, there is the tiniest ray of sunlight peeking through the clouds. Crossing my fingers that by the time I get home the sun will be shinning and I can take the little monsters on a loooong walk, and just maybe, that will deter them from turning my living room into a race track....

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!
Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment