Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A glimpse into my life...

Ever wanted something so badly that you could close your eyes and see every detail of it? Or to steal a phrase from my mom, wanted it so badly that you could taste it? That's how I feel about Paputsi. I can sit down and tell you in great detail where I would like to be in five years. What products I'd like to sell. How I'd like them produced and where. I can describe it in such detail that you'd be able to taste it.

So what's the problem???

I'm the only one who believes in it. Well that's not completely true; I do have a few friends who believe in my vision and talent. But the people closest to me, think this should just be a hobby. That I'm wasting my time trying to grow Paputsi into a "real" company. Some people would take this lack of support, turn it on its heels and work even harder to become successful. I am having trouble with that part. Throughout my life I've always just gone with the flow. If my needs did not get meet... no worries, it woud happen sooner or later. I have spent much of my life doing something I didn't want to do because someone else thought it was best for me. If you were to meet me, you might be shocked by this. I am a pretty independent and strong individual... who on the surface looks like she goes for what she wants. The truth is, I do go after what I want... until someone, a major someone, discourages me. I fight back for awhile and then give in, thinking... no worries, it'll happen eventually.

I am ready for that to change. It won't happen eventually. People are always going to discourage you... mostly out of their own fear. So today, Wednesday August 25th, I am changing my outlook. I can not make the discouraging, unsuppportive people disappear, I can only disregard their negative words. I can not make my dream company appear out of thin air, but I can set realistic goals, and work everyday to turn my dreams into a reality. I don't have to let my day job (and career that everyone seems to think I should concentrate solely on) interfere with reaching my goals. I don't have to sacrifice one for the other. I can successfully do both. Some things wll have to shift, in order to accomplish that, but it can be done.

This post is the first of many changes, and in an attempt to hold myself accountable, I am posting those changes here.

~ Everyday I will work on a Paputsi related project for 2 hours.
~ I will blog at least 3 times a week. Blog posts need to contain more substance. Gone are the "here's what I listed... and that is all" posts. The posts should be interesting, visually stimulating and fun to read.
~ I will take better pictures... or better yet, learn more about photography so I can take better pictures. I would also like to take more pictures of everyday life. I am always envious of people who have wonderful pictures on their blog of what they did that day, or their garden.....
~ And of course I will continue to tweet about what's happening in my day.

I think that list is a good one to start with. Realistic, attainable goals. Of course, I will adjust as time goes on.... but this is where I will start. And I will start today.

~Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment