Saturday, October 16, 2010

yellow songbird


I stumbled across the blog, Yellow Songbird about a month or so ago, and I immediately fell in love! Kim Davis (pictured left, in her own design), is the fabulous lady behind Yellow Songbird.... Her blog is fun to read, with great pictures, tutorials, artist/crafter features, items from her oh sweet joy shop (currently on hiatus) and tidbits about her life. Kim and her husband moved from the US to a tiny island, far, far away recently. She frequently updates her blog with photos of the island and snipitts on the interesting yet challenging aspects of island life. I am most amused by the tales of the scarcity of lettuce and cheese....

If you haven't checked out the blog... you should do so.... now. (well, after you finish reading this post)
oh sweet joy headband

oh sweet joy clutch


Here are a few random bits o' information about Kim...

Favorite Color- This is the one question I can answer without hesitation. Robin's Egg Blue. :)

Favorite Food - (she had 6 answers to this one... A girl after my own heart!)- Unhealthy// 3 way tie between :My Memaw's chicken fried steak and mashed potatos, mom's homeade fried tacos, anything I can load onto my tray at Rudy's BBQ. Healthy// 3way tie between: hard boiled eggs, spinach salad with walnuts, strawberries, feta and balsamic vinairgrette, aaand fruit. I love fruit. I know I'm a total cheater when I say three way tie on questions. I do it so thatI can give more than one answer. hello, indecisiveness.

Favorite City - I loved every second in Seattle, so I am going to go with that. So much good shopping, fresh seafood, culture, (rain), and life pouring out of that city! Not to mention, that Pike's market is just too much to handle . Beautiful flowers and flying fish? I'm in.

Favorite thing to make - I honestly love to make anything... food, crafts, clothing home decor, cupcakes, etc. i think it's in my DNA to create/make. However, I get the most gratification out of making clothing/apparel for myself... and when I see my designs on other people I get absolutely giddy.


Kim is doing a HUGE giveaway on her blog, right now (including a super cute giveaway from your truely!!!).... Scoot on over and enter them all!!! You have until Sunday night (10/17) to enter. The winner will be announced on the 18th!!!


I hope you are all enjoying this lovely weekend!

ttfn
~lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment