Saturday, April 18, 2009

Life at the cart....

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have a cart in the Riverwalk Mall. It's on the third floor, about three stores down from "The Fudgery". The Fudgery is the reason for this post....

The Fudgery is a store that, as the name suggests, makes and sells fudge. Not only do they make an sell fudge.... they also sing about it. Yes, folks.... sing... loudly. They take popular songs and change the lyrics to make them about fudge. For exmple..
Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovey" is now "Isn't Fudge Lovely"....
Tina Turner's " What's Love Got to Do with It" is now "What's Fudge Got to Do with It"....
Tina and Ike's "Rolling on the River"..... Rolling at the Fudgery".....
Queen's "We are the Champions"..... "We've Got Free Samples".....
The Temptation's "My Girl".... "My Fudge"

The list goes on and on.....
I like to have impromptu concerts for my friends... so they can feel at least a smidgen of the pain I feel when working the cart... It's not all that bad atually. I often find myslf singing along with the folks that work around me. Maybe I should start singing about baby blankets.....?

Aaaahhhh.... Life at the cart....

No comments:

Post a Comment