Saturday, February 6, 2010

Holy felt!!!!

I am in love..... with felt!

This Christmas I made stockings for Abby, Lola and myself out of felt. I'd heard great things about working with felt, how it didn't fray and was easy to manipulate, but I was hesitant to try it. I get like that from time to time, hesitant to try a new technique or work with a new fabric for no reason other than..... what if I suck at it??? This Christmas I bit the bullet and decided to make stockings out of felt and I looooooved it!

Here are the stocking hung on my bookcase. (I don't have a fireplace) Mine is in the middle, obviously. My favorite is Abby's. I love how the "a" came out with the circles around it.

I can't wait to make more goodies with felt. I have a list of pillows I'd like to make for around the house. As soon as I make them I'll post pics. Of course I am horrible at making the time to make things for myself, so I can't guarantee they'll be done soon.... but I am trying to get better about that. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment